Wednesday 12 February 2014

Recipe of the Week: Stuffed Zucchini!

What's that in the oven smelling so good? Oh, you know. Just some stuffed zucchini I whipped up. What's that you ask? Well I'll tell you!

I was going through Pinterest (I know, the P-word. I start so may sentences with "I was on Pinterest, and...") as I do every once and a while to actually write down the recipes I've pinned into my recipe notebook on my fancy little tablet. I LOVE to organize things, and my recipes are definitely important. As I was looking at this recipe online, my hubby was sitting next to me and happened to glance over. I usually try to cook new things every week so he is used to seeing "weird" recipes. (He's into simple meals; pizza or canned soup is what he'd eat without me!) But when he looked over and saw the picture for this meal, he said, "I'd actually eat that!" Which surprised me and made me super pumped to make it this week.

Here it is! It was SO delicious, I'm definitely making it again.


Ingredients:

3 large zucchini
1/2 lb ground beef
1/4 cup chorizo sausage, chopped
pinch of cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup feta cheese, chopped
2 small tomatoes, chopped
Instructions:


"Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
In a skillet, add the ground beef and cook until it's no longer pink. Add the cumin, salt and pepper to it and stir well. Add the chorizo sausage and spaghetti sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, over medium heat.
Wash and cut the zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh.
Fill each zucchini half with some of the meat mixture. Top with shredded cheddar cheese, feta and tomatoes.
Bake for 15 minutes. "
I found it hard to figure out how to scoop out the zucchini but finally got the hang of it. Also, I chopped up the innards that I'd scooped out and heated it with the rest of the filling because I felt like it was a waste not to, and it made it more veg-tastic!

Hope you try it and enjoy!


Credit: Recipe from http://www.jocooks.com/main-courses/pork-main-courses/stuffed-zucchini/

No comments:

Post a Comment