Friday 27 September 2013

Recipe of the Week: A Pinterest Special

 
I came across this recipe on pinterest for Grilled Pork Chops with Citrus Vinegarette. I just happened to have bought some pork chops from the store this week because they were reduced to sell quickly and cheap as! Since I'd never cooked pork chops before, I had just chucked them in the freezer for a rainy day. (I don't even think that phrase is relevant but I through it in there)
 
It was such a simple recipe, I found that I had every ingredient already in my kitchen with on exception - I had to go to the store and grab a lime. The vinegarette recipe called for:
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
2 Tbsp honey
1 clove garlic finely minced
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp Hot pepper flakes (I used Chili flakes)
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (I used dried parsley)
 
Mix everything together, leaving the olive oil for last. Whisk that in until all the ingredients combine.

 

 
 
Next, rub your pork chops with salt and pepper. I did both sides, and then I spooned some of the vinegarette over the pork (the recipe didn't say to do this but I figured a little marinating couldn't hurt!) I then chucked them covered into the fridge for about an hour (I went for a run...I wanted to earn my dinner!) but you don't have to do that, they can be cooked straight away!

 
 
 
 
 I put my potatoes on to boil (to make a basic mashed potato using milk butter and salt) and put the chops in a pan on low-medium heat. I am so good at burning steaks by trying to cook them on too high of a heat so I made sure this time I would cook them slow. And I did! And they turned out sooo delicious! And husband approved.
 
Well there you go! Yum-o! Let me know if you try it and how it turns out!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment